Friday, June 22, 2012

Fashion Friday: Vintage Jewelry

Grandma's Jewels & Gems!  

When my great grandma passed away, my grandma gave me a box full of costume jewelry. Too young at the time to realize the box of treasure I had just been given, my mom set the jewelry box aside for a later date. Two years ago as my interest in vintage clothing, jewelry, and decor  deepened I rediscovered this wonderful gift I had been given. Piece upon piece, I was simply stunned. I hit the lottery! Not only did I feel that I had been given something special to remember my great-grandmother by, but also learned so much about her life and personality through the jewelry she wore. 

This new love of vintage costume jewelry prompted me to ask my two grandmas if they had any other old costume jewelry that I could look through and possibly wear. Both were delighted. At two separate moments, my grandmothers and I sat together and played dress-up in layers upon layers of beautiful jewels & gems. Moments I treasure equally to the jewels themselves! Here are a few of my favorite pieces that I feel so fortunate and luck to dawn regularly! 













No comments:

Post a Comment