Wednesday, July 25, 2012

At Home Wednesday: Frostin'

The Greatest Cupcake Tool! 

Want to make cupcakes that look like this?... 



Then use this tool! 


I love making cupcakes. Generally, who doesn't? However, what truly differentiates an average and yummy home-made cupcake from a high-brow decadent one is the technique used to apply the frosting.  I've tried the piping bag and fancy tip trick before, which disatrously resulted in frosting oozing out the tip and back of the piping bag, basically getting colored and sticky frosting everywhere! However, while in Oregon visiting my grandparents a few weeks ago, we visited a kitchen store in their quaint downtown. When I saw this piping tip, I knew this one would work. It had a large opening, simply stared shaped tip, which I think is the key. I used this tool to make cupcakes for my grandma's birthday that afternoon, and it worked like a dream! I used a large freezer size ziplock bag in favor of a pastry bag, a cheap trick....Red Velvet topped with aqua colored vanilla frosting, these cupcakes were dressed to impress! 

Pick one up at your local kitchen or craft store...when in doubt bake cupcakes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment