Wednesday, July 11, 2012

At Home Wednesday: Natural Beauty


Free yourself. Skip the chemicals. Skip the over-priced products. Be kind to your skin and take the natural route this summer. Using commonly found natural ingredients you can transform and revamp your beauty routine. Let your kitchen become a spa, and your skin healhier than ever!


I found these recipes on BLDG 25 and have been trying them ever since! Not only do they feel amazing on your skin but they actually work! I love the idea of holistic natural health and beauty and hope to incorporate them more and more into my regular life. Currently I swear by lavender essential oil, I make room spray, perfume, and bath soaks with it...the scent is so intoxicatingly relaxing. I also love to put fresh mint and lemon in my water, both of which are natural detoxifiers...Try it at home and more fresh, relaxed, and beautiful today! 


Hydrating Face Mask:
1/2 ripe avocado
1/2 rip banana
Refriderate for 30 minutes. Leave on face for 20 minutes.


Deep Hair Conidtioner:
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup olive oil
2 eggs
Leave on hair for 20 minutes. Shampoo and Condition after. 


Aromatherapy Soak:
2-3 drops lavender essentail oil
2-3 springs of peppermint leaves
1/2 sliced lemon
Soak and relax at your own pace...time is nonexistent! 


What I want to try:
Rosewater
Acts a toner and creates a healthy glow appearance

No comments:

Post a Comment