Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Foodie Tuesday: Honey Strawberry Balsamic Galette

 On My 4th of July Menu 


What's more American than a delicious slice of pie? A la mode, of course! I'll be spending tomorrow relaxing, visiting, and cooking at my grandparents' beautiful home in Southern Oregon. I've already arranged a yummy menu of my favorite summer dishes, and at the top of my list is this Honey Strawberry Balsamic Galette from Honey & Jam, you can find the recipe here. While, I love traditional berry pies, they tend to be a bit of work! I've yet to perfect my pie crust skills...but practice makes perfect. Anyways, this free-form pie is a less-time consuming and an equally delicious option. 

Last week, I decided to try the recipe at home first and decided to make miniature versions in muffin tins instead. They turned out wonderful, the balsamic strawberry combination is killer! Simply divide the pie dough evenly and in a buttered muffin pan mold the dough into a cup shape, add the marinated strawberries and bake at the same temp. for 20 minutes. Voila! A delicious dessert to bring to any summer BBQ. Tomorrow, I am going to make the full-size version, but may opt to use store bought pie crust in favor of my own. Shh...It will be our little secret. 





No comments:

Post a Comment