Friday, July 13, 2012

Fashion Friday: My TopShelf 1


PART I: My Make-up Routine


Into The Gloss is an incredible Beauty Blog that I follow regularly. The blog's creator Emily Weiss features posts on fashion industry insiders' beauty routines, documenting their life's journey in relation to beauty and the products they swear by. One of my favorite series of posts is My Topshelf, which goes inside the bathrooms of the featured editor, artist, model, etc. showing their vanities and powder rooms filled with their daily beauty necessities. I've decided to share my own topshelf, starting with my make-up routine...

The Face:
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer-Nude 
NARS Bronzer-Laguna
Benefit Blush-Dandellion

It was only until recently that I became a fan of tinted moisturizer. I had previously tried a few brands but was less than impressed, I felt that the coverage was too sheer and left my face with an ultra oily and shiny rather than dewy appearance. However, after reading spectacular reviews surrounding Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer, I decided to give it a try...The recommendations were spot on! This tinted moisturizer encompasses the perfect balance between achieving an even skin-tone, a fresh dewy appearance, and a non-clogging SPF moisturizer. I also love NARS bronzer in laguna which brightens my fair skin with a sun-kissed glow, layered with Benefit's pale pink Dandelion blush. This trio creates the perfect daily canvas!

       
Eyes: 
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil-Light
Sephora Eyeshadow-aspen summit
Mac Eyeshadow-Grand Entrance, Trax
Sephora Eyeliner: Liquid-Black, Taupe; Crayon-Matte Brown
Shu Uerma Eyelash Curler 
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara-Blackest Black


On any given day, I most likely go with a light, soft, and natural eye. I usually start by shaping my brows with Benefit brow pencil, then highlight my brow-bone and my cheek-bones with the white shadow. Depending upon my mood, I either go with a classic or girly  look. When feeling in the classic mood, I simply line my upper lid with black liquid liner on a bare eyelid, and apply two coats of black mascara. If I want a girly look, I use my favorite MAC eyeshadow, Grand Entrance, on the base of the lid then line my upper lid with brown crayon and apply two coats of black mascara. When lining my eyes, I always wing-out my liner to accentuate the shape of my eyes, creating a wider bright-eyed appearance. I rarely ever line my lower lids, but if I do, I use a dark plum shadow to create a soft smoky look. Also, I always curl my lashes before applying mascara, trust me it truly makes a big difference in opening the eye! 


Lips: 
NARS Lipstick Rouge-Roman Holiday
YSL Rouge Volupté- 17 
Dior Addict Ultra Gloss-181
Maybelline Lipstick-Coral Crush 
Covergirl Nature Luxe-Ganache 
Korres Lip Butter- Wild Rose, Pomegranate
Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm 
Blistex Medicated Lip Balm


Finally, the lips! I am a girl who swears by Chapstick... I am addicted to the minty tingly feeling and super soft lips. But when I need a little color, I love NARS Roman Holiday for a pale pink lip or a similar shade gloss by Dior. When I'm feeling bold, I love to vamp-up my look with a bright colored lip...hot pink and bright red are my go to colors! 


Look out for My Topshelf Part II where I will share my favorite hair-care, lotion, and perfume! 






No comments:

Post a Comment